I am honored (and grinning from ear to ear) to have been nominated by Beverley from her blog Becoming the Oil and the Wine for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Thank you for thinking of me, Beverley, you have touched my heart deeply!
Beverley has been serving the Lord since she was a child, but in her adulthood He called her to be an encourager, intercessor, teacher, scribe, priest, and to proclaim the Word of God. She does all of these very well in her blog, Becoming the Oil and the Wine and you will be encouraged and uplifted after reading her posts. Please visit her blog and show some love.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
“The Blogosphere community holds several awards that bloggers use to nominate a blog in appreciation for its creative, inspiring, or motivational content.”
“The award also helps other bloggers receive recognition and free exposure for their blogs.”
There are some basic rules to follow if you decide to participate:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog so everyone can visit.
2. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
4. Notify the nominees by commenting on their blog post.
5. List the rules and display the Award logo on your blog post.
Eleven questions from Beverley:
- Road trips or flight; which do you prefer?
I love to travel – flights or driving either one. I also love train travel.
2. How loyal are you?
I am probably loyal for life. I love people and always look for the best in them, which helps me remain faithful always.
3. Are friends or family the people who influence your life more?
After God, my family always comes first so I’d say they probably have the most influence. Though I do have a few friends I seek for advice when needed.
4. You have been shipwrecked. It’s only you and one other survivor. What do you do to occupy your time as there are no books or electronics?
We sing, we dance, we pray, we search for food, shelter and necessities. We draw fun pictures in the sand. We search for shells and sea glass and maybe make jewelry out of what we find. We fish. We learn to make fire. We do what we need to do to survive. But we stay positive and make the best of it.
5. What is your favorite animal? Share a picture
I love dogs, cats, horses. I have a silly, crazy, half feral cat named Ramjet Monster Cantrell, we adopted in the Marshall Islands. I call him Jet.
6. Do you enjoy walks in nature?
I love walks in nature and do so frequently. I find God so close and fall into worship easily as I walk and enjoy all the sights, sounds, smells and feelings.
7. Do you enjoy camping?
I grew up camping and loved it. As an adult I used to love weekend camping on the lake and water skiing all day, which we did frequently. We don’t do much of that these days and I miss it.
8. Would you prefer to live by the sea or in the mountains?
By the sea, depending on where it was. We lived in the middle of the Pacific Ocean on a tiny tropical island for 7.5 years and I loved it. But there is nothing like a majestic mountainous view!
9. Considering the times we live in, if your family member or friend told you they feel they are gay, what would your reaction be? How would you handle it?
I believe God put us here to love one another, not place judgements or verdicts. The Bible says we are not to judge others. That is God’s job. No matter what any family member or friend could tell me, I would love them the same and make sure they knew I loved them. If they wanted to have a spiritual discussion about it, I would honestly discuss my heart for them, read Scripture and pray with them if they wanted. I am a sinner saved by grace.
10. If you caught your family member watching pornography how would you handle the situation? What would you say to them?
Ugh! Such destruction this item has caused! I would confront them with my sorrow in seeing them watching it and tell them how it has destroyed many lives of loved ones and friends and ask them why they wanted to watch it. Depending on what they say, I would further the conversation.
11. What is your favorite color?
My #1 color my whole life has always been pink. However, I am very drawn to bright, vibrant colors of any kind.
Thank you, Beverley, for the fun questions!
I’m sorry I haven’t completed the 11 new nominations and their questions, but will post as soon as I have. Thanks again Beverley from Becoming the Oil and the Wine blog – I really am thrilled and honored!
Thank you so much everyone else for reading, and I hope you will check out Becoming the Oil and the Wine!
Blessings and joy for the New Year to you!